Last updated 3/19/2020
SPECIAL NOTICE REGARDING COVID-19 COURT CLOSURES
Courts may be closed, but your public defender still is working hard to help you and your family navigate this difficult time. PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE NOTICE.
- All Alameda County criminal courts are closed until April 7, 2020 for anyone out of custody. Do NOT go to court.
- All cases scheduled during the closure will be automatically continued. To find out your new court date, visit the Court’s website AFTER your cancelled appearance.
- If you are in drug or mental health court, you must continue working with your service provider/case manager. Your case may be continued 30 to 45 days. Check the Court’s website for your new date per the above instructions.
- If you are taking classes and appearing for progress reports, please keep any letters or notices you receive from providers about cancelled classes.
- If you asked for a speedy trial or speedy preliminary hearing, check the Court’s website for your new date. You also should call your attorney.
- If your case is at the Wiley W. Manuel Courthouse: (510) 268-7400
- If your case is at the Rene C. Davidson Courthouse: (510) 272-6600
- If your case is at the East County Hall of Justice: (925) 551-6863
- If your case is being heard at the Fremont Hall of Justice: (510) 795-2600
* Portable Document Format (PDF) file requires the free Adobe Reader.
** To view Microsoft Office Word, Excel, or PowerPoint documents, you can download a free trial version of Office 365. Per Microsoft, you will be able to continue viewing files even after the trial has expired.
DISCLAIMER: This site is meant to provide information of a general nature which you should verify with an attorney before relying upon it. It does not provide legal advice and is not meant to establish an attorney-client relationship. If you are seeking legal advice you should ALWAYS contact an attorney.