Meet Supervisor Chan
News & Announcements
- 01/23/2017 Free Tax Preparation Available to Low-Income Families in Alameda County(420KB) I am pleased to partner with Alameda County Social Services again this year for their free tax preparation services for low-income individuals and families. On Monday and Wednesday evenings and all day Saturday, volunteers will be providing free tax assistance at my district office in San Lorenzo. Appointments are required: call 510-271-9141 to schedule yours today.
- 01/25/2017 My Word: Must work together to eliminate lead poisoning Lead levels in our children rival that of Flint, Mich. Though unlike Flint, exposure in Oakland comes from the impacts of lead-based paint. With 5,000 children under the age of 6 living in the Fruitvale, and many more citywide at risk, we need to take quick action. In this article, I suggest five immediate steps on which the city, county, and state, working with residents, can collaborate.
- 01/24/2017 Alameda County Arts Commisson Seeks Community Input for Community Identifier Projects in San Lorenzo, Castro Valley, and Ashland/Cherryland The Alameda County Arts Commission invites community members in Castro Valley, San Lorenzo, & Ashland/Cherryland to participate in two upcoming opportunities related to the Community Identifier Projects. The completed Community Identifier Projects will result in hand-painted signs on the fronts of freeway overpasses featuring the name of each community along with other simple design elements. The goal is to create community gateway markers that support a positive and welcoming environment for both the community and visitors. Community members are encouraged to participate in a Community Survey & to submit an Interest Form to serve on an Artist Selection Committee. Response deadline is January 31, 2017. Click this link for project details and the online Community survey. An Artist Selection Committee Response Form is available at http://tinyurl.com/zka9nnk. For more information, contact email@example.com or (510) 208-9646.
- 01/05/2017 Alameda: Supervisor Chan donates $17,000 to feed homeless vets My contribution to Alameda Meals on Wheels will provide meals for veterans who are referred by Operation Dignity, a nonprofit local organization that helps homeless veterans rediscover hope and provide the tools needed to live a self-sufficient and stable life.
- 11/15/2016 Trump Threatens Health Care Policy and Funding in Alameda County With the election of Trump, future health care policy and funding faces significant risks. While no one can say for sure what the new administration will attempt to do to our health-care system, we must advocate for the best while we prepare for the worst. What are the possible major threats to health care under a Trump administration?
None at this time.